Welcome

Getting Started

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi! I just began subscribing to the newsletter. I also just read the Fast Start Guide and I think I have a fair idea of how things work from a investment philosophy standpoint. I have been contributing the maximum allowable amount to the two retirement funds at Fedex (RSP and MPP) for almost 18 years, so there is a substantial amount in each fund. Both the RSP and MPP contributions are and have been for 18 years, divided equally between four types of funds (growth, growth and income, aggressive growth and international). The Fast Start Guide recommends that I begin putting all my future contributions in the money market fund and use that pool of investments to draw from during the regular fund upgrade periods. Should I also begin allocating out the money that I already have in the RSP and MPP into the same strategy going forward? Should I do so all at once or piecemeal over time? Just trying to get some direction to get the ball rolling here.

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

USPFA Team

Good morning Dennis,

I am so sorry this has taken so long to get back to you. First of all,
      we want to welcome you to the US Pilot Financial Association, the home of the Express
      Advisor newsletters.

To address your post I need to throw in this disclaimer first: I can’t tell you exactly what to do since we are
      just an investment newsletter and cannot provide actual investment advice.

That being said, the beauty of the newsletter is that you can see the rankings of the funds in the velocity score chart each month. If the funds you are currently in are near the top, you have time to gradually readjust your mix. If you current funds are at the bottom, well that kind of speaks for itself.

The next biggest point to always consider and keep in the back of your mind are the trading
      restrictions in the plan. When you sold a fund last and how long you have held it make a difference.

I would say the most important thing to consider is, the newsletter recommendations are published once a month, and as you read in the Fast Start Guide, trades should be made within days of the publications’ release date to stay on track with the portfolios.

Again, welcome aboard!

USPFA team

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.